The Industrial Company (TIC) Truck Driver in Savannah, Georgia
Requisition ID: 113745
The Driver will load and unload materials and deliver to, from and within work sites as required. This position requires a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Operate medium to large sized trucks, transporting materials between company work sites using private roads and driving on public highways.
• Load and unload trucks, using other equipment as necessary, such as forklifts.
• Secure cargo for transport, using rope, blocks, or covers.
• Obtain proper and complete documentation prior to moving materials.
• Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle safety inspections and report any defects, damage, or repairs needed.
• Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or fluids.
• Maintain logs of working hours, or of vehicle maintenance, following applicable state and federal regulations.
•May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
•Must possess working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
•Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
•Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.
•Able to meet all physical requirements.
•Must have all required tools
•Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
•Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
•Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
•Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.