The Industrial Company (TIC) Electrical Field Engineer - Oil & Gas in The Woodlands, Texas
Requisition ID: 154324
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: TIC Southern District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Electrical Field Engineer, you will be the primary and lead engineer on the Project, and report directly to the Project Manager. All field level and office level Engineers report directly to the Engineer II. As an Electrical Field Engineer, you will be expected to be a job-site leader in health and safety, ensuring quality of reporting and workmanship, and that all engineering work is completed in a professional and ethical manner. You main functions will include contract administration, project planning and scheduling, and project reporting, and you will play an advisory role to Project Management for contractual, legal, and other project issues.
TIC-The Industrial Company is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. TIC-Southern District is a business unit of TIC-The Industrial Company. Headquartered in The Woodlands, TX, TIC Southern builds major industrial projects in diversified markets throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas.
Located in Houston, TX, TIC-Southern is seeking individuals who are open to regular relocation for career development opportunities and who desire job responsibilities in field operations ranging from project controls, craft management, safety, quality, and contract administration. A new employee’s initial work assignments complement their previous work experiences and education, allowing the new employee to make significant contributions to the project success. Individuals seeking employment with a company known for their financial stability, a broad range of specialized capabilities, commitment to people development, and an outstanding performance record will find employment with TIC-Southern to be fulfilling career choice, with long-term benefit.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• You will support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates, and attend pre-bid investigation meetings
• Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
• Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work.
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages.
• Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s).
• In this position you will also learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors
• Preparing work plans, assuring quality control, managing, and tracking costs and materials, scheduling equipment, administering safety programs and maintaining exceptional owner relations
• Partner with Superintendent and craft on project within electrical discipline
• Graduated with a degree in Construction Management or related degree
• At least 3-5 years of electrical construction experience
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Code
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.