The Industrial Company (TIC) Lead Scheduler - Oil & Gas in The Woodlands, Texas
Requisition ID: 148159
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Controls Scheduling
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Scheduler, you will get the opportunity to work closely with construction and engineering operations as you develop engineering and construction schedules. You will be responsible for building and updating schedules as various milestones and project deliverables are completed or added to scope of work. Provide updates to key project team members on the progress of project progression.
TIC-The Industrial Company is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. TIC-Southern District is a business unit of TIC-The Industrial Company. Headquartered in The Woodlands, TX, TIC Southern builds major industrial projects in diversified markets throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas. Located in Houston, TX, TIC-Southern is seeking individuals who are open to regular relocation for career development opportunities and who desire job responsibilities in field operations ranging from project controls, craft management, safety, quality, and contract administration. A new employee’s initial work assignments complement their previous work experiences and education, allowing the new employee to make significant contributions to the project success. Individuals seeking employment with a company known for their financial stability, a broad range of specialized capabilities, commitment to people development, and an outstanding performance record will find employment with TIC-Southern to be fulfilling career choice, with long-term benefit.
This position will be based out of The Woodlands, TX office.
• Work closely with project managers, engineers, designers, procurement staff, construction managers, contractors, and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction.
• Develop and maintain resource loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items, and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects.
• Develop schedule logic and realistic activity durations
• Analyze available manpower and resources, commodity charts, trends, schedule variations, schedule performance, and schedule forecast.
• Assess the impact(s) of design changes and schedule slippages and inform company management and clients of all schedule updates.
• Apply vast knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology and concepts to develop and maintain critic path logic networks; accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting.
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports
• Candidates must also be able and willing to travel/relocate based for business needs
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
• 3+ years' construction scheduling experience, ideally within the OGC industry
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes and standards, and an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
• Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Joint Venture, Lump Sum, time and Material, Maintenance)
• Proficiency in various project controls software such as Excel, Primavera (P6), and other company-specific software
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.